top of page
  • How can I properly care for my jewelry?
    There are things you can do to keep your jewelry looking its absolute best! We recommend taking your jewelry off before showers and sleeping and to put your jewelry on after you apply lotion, oils and sunscreen. Your jewelry would love it if it was gently cleaned and dried after being exposed to salt water, sweat, oils and lotions. To clean your jewelry, simply place it in a small bowl of warm water and gentle dish soap and let it soak for 30 minutes. After that time, you may gently (very gently!) rub your piece with a soft toothbrush or cloth. Rinse it off and dry your piece thoroughly. You may also use a jeweler's cloth with a jewelry cleaner to gently rub your piece. To store your jewelry, please place it in a zippered plastic bag (they really do work the best). Metals do not like oxygen or humidity and will tarnish over time so keeping it in a plastic bag will help them last even longer.
  • Can I wear my jewelry in the shower?
    Totally! You can absolutely wear Flourish + Flame Jewelry in fresh water (not salt water). 14k gold-filled and sterling silver jewelry will not peel or flake off. However, we recommend that one of the ways to make your jewelry looking its absolute best is to take it off for regular showers.
  • What is gold-filled?
    This is a great question! Think of it as a solid layer of real gold securely bonded to a base metal like jeweler's brass. It's not just a surface coating – it's heat and pressure combined to ensure it stays put. By law, it needs to have at least 5% pure gold by weight, making it more valuable than gold-plated options. So, it's like enjoying the gold look without breaking the bank!
  • What if I have allergies to metals, can I still wear gold-filled jewelry?
    Absolutely! If you have metal allergies, gold-filled jewelry can be a great option for you. The solid layer of gold in gold-filled jewelry is much thicker than what you find in gold-plated pieces. This means that the base metal, which could potentially trigger allergies, is less likely to come into contact with your skin. Since the gold layer is bonded securely, it acts as a barrier, reducing the chances of any allergic reactions. However, it's always a good idea to try a small piece of gold-filled jewelry first to ensure that you don't have any adverse reactions before wearing it regularly.
  • How do I know my birthstone?
    If you were to search birthstone in Google, you'd get a few variations of what the gem actually is used for each birth month. Flourish and Flame Jewelry has gone through the internet and decided on the most popular gems for each month, keeping the prices economical and family budget-friendly. I do have a few exceptions, due to the cost of the gems: April is Diamond which is well-known as an expensive gem so I have swapped that out for a Rainbow Moonstone, which is a gorgeous, clear gem with hints of rainbow colours. September is Sapphire which is also pricey so I have swapped that out for a similar colour - the stunning Lapis Lazouli. October is Opal which is more expensive so I have exchanged that for a beautifully neutral-coloured Dendrite Opal. ~~~ BIRTHSTONES January - Garnet February - Amethyst March - Aquamarine April - Rainbow Moonstone May - Emerald June - White Pearl July - Ruby August - Peridot September - Lapis Lazuli October - Dendrite Opal November - Blue Topaz December - London Blue Topaz
  • Does Flourish + Flame Jewelry contain any nickel or zinc?
    Sterling silver does not contain nickel or zinc. It is made of 92.5% silver and the other 7.5% is typically made of copper. 14k gold-filled metal is a bit trickier. The core metal of 14k gold-fill is jeweler's brass, which does contain nickel. However, the brass is covered in a thick amount of 14k gold, which does not have nickel or zinc. So typically, most people find the gold layer is thick enough to provide protection. Pro tip: if you are worried about the nickel coming through, coat the piece with clear nail polish! It will wear off but then you can just re-coat it. (But honestly, the layer of gold is thicker than nail polish so it may not be needed at all.)

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

bottom of page